The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International promotes professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education.
Leading women educators impacting education worldwide.
The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International has seven basic purposes that govern its program of work and study. The activities of each level of the Society implement the purposes of the Society. The seven purposes include
1. To unite women educators of the world in a genuine spiritual fellowship
2. To honor women who have given or who evidence a potential for distinctive service in any field of education
3. To advance the professional interest and position of women in education
4. To initiate, endorse and support desirable legislation or other suitable endeavors in the interests of education and of women educators
5. To endow scholarships to aid outstanding women educators in pursuing graduate study and to grant fellowships to non-member women educators
6. To stimulate the personal and professional growth of members and to encourage their participation in appropriate programs of action
7. To inform the members of current economic, social, political and educational issues so that they may participate effectively in a world society